What is the difference between "AddOn workstations" and "AddOn channels"?
AddOn Workstations pertain to the Business license only:
- In order to increase the flexibility of a workstation-bound license, you can add further AddOn Workstations. That means that at any given time only one workstation is able to initiate a session.
- AddOn Workstations can be purchased from our web shop anytime. The new license key needs to be activated on the desired additional Computer.
AddOn Channels pertain to the Premium and Corporate license:
- The number of channels determines from how many workstations sessions can be started concurrently.
- E.g., the Premium license has one session channel and an unlimited number of installations. That means that if one Meeting or multiple Remote Control sessions are started from one computer, no second computer would be able to use TeamViewer at the same time. Is TeamViewer supposed to be used from multiple workstations at the same time a channel upgrade is required. For each additional computer from which TeamViewer is supposed to be used at the same time, an additional channel is necessary.
- E.g., the Corporate license features an unlimited number of installations and 3 session channels. That means that if three workstations start a Meeting or multiple Remote Control sessions each, a fourth workstation cannot use TeamViewer at the same time. If you wish to use TeamViewer with more than three workstations concurrently, a channel upgrade is required. For each additional computer from which TeamViewer is supposed to be used at the same time, an additional channel is necessary.
- AddOn channels can be purchased from our web shop anytime. The channels are activated right after ordering, a separate activation on your computers is not necessary.
Customers or prospective customers?
Submit a ticket
Do you have any further questions?