Channels can be created without any subscribed Topics. You can subscribe to Topics at any time, during or after setting up the Channel.
Webhooks and emails need to be confirmed prior to being activated (ready for use) in order to prevent abuse of non-owned mediums. Once a Channel is set up, a confirmation message is sent to the endpoint to allow the owner to confirm it within a 24 hour period.
|The notification is sent via email to the specified address.|
|Webhook||The notification is sent via HTTP POST message to a specified url. The messages contain JSON documents (see Examples: Rule Triggered Webhook Messages).|
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- Your TeamViewer credentials.
- The edge device is set up with a TeamViewer IoT Agent and TeamViewer Edge Management is enabled.
- The Real Time Rule Engine is enabled.
- The edge device is connected to the internet.
Adding the Channel
- To log in to the IoT Management Console, open https://teamviewer-iot.com and use your TeamViewer account credentials.
- From the left menu select Notifications > Channels.
- On the left side click Create Channel.
- Follow the steps in the form to set up the topic:
- Select a channel type
- Input a channel name
- Input the endpoint address (email or URL)
- Select a time zone
- Select one or more topics
- Click Create.