Topics can be created without any Channels or being linked to Rules. In this scenario, notifications will not be sent as there are no specified Channels. You can add Channels to your Topics at any time, during or after setting up the Topic.
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- Your TeamViewer credentials.
- The edge device is set up with a TeamViewer IoT Agent and TeamViewer Edge Management is enabled.
- The Real Time Rule Engine is enabled.
- The edge device is connected to the internet.
Adding the Topic
- To log in to the IoT Management Console, open https://teamviewer-iot.com and use your TeamViewer account credentials.
- From the left menu select Notifications > Topics.
- On the left side click Create Topic.
- Follow the steps in the form to set up the topic:
- Input a topic name
- Select one or more channels
- Click Create.