The section describes the installation of the TeamViewer IoT Solution on an empty Raspberry (without operating system).
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- A Raspberry (see System Requirements) connected to keyboard and monitor.
- A properly formatted micro SD card (Minimum 32 GB).
- Your TeamViewer credentials.
- A disk image creation tool is installed on your local PC (e.g. Win32 Disk Imager).
- The Raspberry is connected to the internet.
If you cannot use Wi-Fi make sure to connect your Raspberry with LAN cable to the internet.
- Download one of the following archives:
- Extract the image from the archive.
- Use the disk image creation tool to write the image to the micro SD card.
- To log in to the IoT Management Console, open https://teamviewer-iot.com and use your TeamViewer account credentials.
- From the left menu select Inventory.
- On the left side from the drop-down-menu Add select Device.
- Select the operating system Linux.
- Select the distribution Debian.
- Select your Raspberry version.
- Select Create an OS image with TeamViewer IoT.
- Configure the operating system:
- Input the Host Name
- Optional: Input the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) the Wi-Fi Password and select a Wi-Fi Country
- Select a Group from your Contacts List.
- Click Download Configuration and save the archive.
- Extract the contents of the archive into the
/bootfolder on the micro SD card.
- Insert the micro SD card into the Raspberry.
- Boot the Raspberry.