Use this procedure to move the TeamViewer Starter Kit from the preassigned account to another TeamViewer Account.
This procedure contains 3 basic steps:
- Unmanage and Reassign the Starter Kit
- Reconfigure the Digital Inputs/Outputs
- Apply the Reconfiguration and Restart
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- Your login credentials for the Starter Kit (user name, and password).
- You created a new TeamViewer Account (see https://teamviewer-iot.com/).
- You have the IP Address of the Edge Device / IoT Agent.
- A tool to access the Starter Kit remotely via ssh (e.g. Putty).
- Basic knowledge of the editor nano.
Unmanage and Reassign the Starter Kit
- Log in to the Starter Kit and use your credentials by using a ssh-tool.
- Unmanage the Starter Kit. In the terminal type in the following command and press return.
sudo teamviewer-iot-agent unmanage
- Assign the Starter Kit to the new TeamViewer Account. In the terminal, type in the following command and press return. Use your new TeamViewer Account credentials when prompted.
sudo teamviewer-iot-agent setup
- Restore the configuration of the Monitoring Agent for the Bosch XDK sensors. In the terminal type in the following commands and press return.
sudo teamviewer-iot-agent disable system-health
sudo cat /var/lib/teamviewer-iot-agent/system_monitors_kit.conf > /var/lib/teamviewer-iot-agent/system_monitors.conf
sudo teamviewer-iot-agent enable system-health
Reconfigure the Digital Inputs/Outputs
To use the Digital Inputs/Outputs (DIOs) of the Starter Kit with the TeamViewer IoT Agent, you need to create corresponding Sensors/Metrics.
- To log in to the IoT Management Console, open a web browser. Navigate to the IP address of the Starter Kit (obtained by Get the IP Address of the Edge Device / IoT Agent).
- From the left menu select API Clients.
- As client name type in
Digital Outthen click Create.
- Click Manage API Client.
- Click New Sensor and name it
- Click to add 8 metrics. Name the metrics
Out 7. Set each Value Type to
Booland set each Display Unit to
I/O. For example:
- Optional: When a metric becomes superfluous, click to remove it.
- To finish click Create.
You will be provided with new connector, sensor and metric Ids. For example:
Keep this window open. You need these Ids in the step Apply the Reconfiguration and Restart.
Apply the Reconfiguration and Restart
You need the provided Ids from the step Unmanage and Reassign the Starter Kit.
- Access the Starter Kit remotely (Access the Edge Device via Remote Terminal).
- Open the
teamviewer_gpio.pyfile with the editor nano. In the terminal type in the following command and press return.
sudo nano teamviewer_gpio.py
- Replace the
Out7_idon the top of the file with corresponding Ids obtained in step Unmanage and Reassign the Starter Kit. For example:
client_id = "5385da5e6c854abc8d65c0c80b5d79e9" sensor_id = "e6218136a1144c8e9d117dc55a24297c" Out0_id = "4ee43a05e70a4a97a20fe13e6baf286e" Out1_id = "58f38038ea0b48519332a190688a325e" Out2_id = "cf1aceeb62f3479fb07d81213dd21269" Out3_id = "05f12c7970704172a374f777bedc83ef" Out4_id = "d67d349dba2347699096bc0989f638c8" Out5_id = "8dac154dfeef4d5aa4ec33b39a675ee4" Out6_id = "cefdd235b1c243a2b6f7d89a6ce639e3" Out7_id = "50835cca2df34f19bb13b8a5e0873ed2"
- Save the file and close the nano editor.
- Restart the service for the General Purpose Inputs/Outputs (GPIOs). In the terminal, type in the following command and press return.
sudo service teamviewer_gpio restart
- Verify that the DIOs are configured correctly. In the IoT Management Console navigate to Dashboard.
- Pin (see Add a Widget) the
Out7_idmetrics to the dashboard. Configure each as a Control with Toggle-Switch function. Use
falsefor the control values. For example: