The Remote Screen via Framebuffer allows you to see what is displayed on the screen of the edge device. This is helpful to monitor a user remotely.
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- The edge device is set up with a TeamViewer IoT Agent.
- Access the Edge Device via Remote Terminal.
- Access the edge device remotely (Access the Edge Device via Remote Terminal).
- To enable the Remote Screen type in the following command and press return.
sudo teamviewer-iot-agent configure set -p [int32] EnableRemoteScreen 1
- Find the framebuffer number and write it down (see example below). Type in the following command and press return.
ls /dev/ | grep fb
fb0with the found framebuffer number. Restart the TeamViewer IoT Agent. Type in the following commands and press return:
sudo teamviewer-iot-agent configure set -p [strng] RemoteScreenChannels "FBD:/dev/fb0"
sudo teamviewer-iot-agent restart
The setup is complete. You can access the edge device with your TeamViewer Client now.
When accessing the edge device, the user who works on said device gets a notification. You can customize the notification.