Server Administration - Remote Administration of Unattended Computers or Servers
Do you support and manage a number of servers? Would you like to access unattended computers easily, without any hassle? If so, then TeamViewer is the perfect solution for your server administration.
With TeamViewer, you can access servers and remote computers anytime. This enables you to keep server-based company applications (like Bugtracker or CRM) up-to-date and functional. With Remote Administration, you can use TeamViewer to monitor and maintain your server remotely, identifying potential problems and responding quickly and easily.
For Server Administration, use the TeamViewer Full Version, together with the TeamViewer Host Module. This way, you or your team can securely and independently manage remote servers at anytime, from any computer.
You can use the following features for server administration:
- One-Time Configuration: configure TeamViewer on your server once and access it anytime without ever needing to enter a password again.
- Permanent Access: the TeamViewer Host module is installed on the server as a system service and enables access without needing to be registered on the system.
- Remote Access: manage all your servers remotely from a single workstation. This will save you time and money.
- File Sharing: copy files from your computer to the server, or vice versa. This way, you can e.g. save log files.
- Remote Restart: if you need to restart a server during maintenance, TeamViewer will automatically connect to the server as soon as it is available again.
- Access control: With the TeamViewer access control and a whitelist you can define who is able to access the server. You can also limit the offered functions. This way, it is guaranteed that no one accesses a server unauthorized.
How it Works
To begin remote administration:
On the server
- Install the TeamViewer Host module.
- Set a password during the installation for future server access.
- Select the "Add this computer to my computer list after installation" during installation process. This enables an immediate connection to the server after installation without any further entries.
- Connect to the server directly from the Computers & Contacts list on your computer.
On your computer
- Install the TeamViewer Full Version software.
- Sign in to your Computers & Contacts list.
- Establish a connection to the desired server by double clicking on the server's name.
- Work on the server as if you were sitting directly in front of it.
The following links will take you to additional useful content related to TeamViewer and Sever Administration.
Customers or prospective customers?
Submit a ticket
Do you have any further questions?