Internal IT Support – Technical Support for Computer Problems Within a Company
Are you an IT department employee? Are you responsible for technical support? Do your colleagues frequently come to you with technical problems (e.g., printer not working properly, email program won't start, unable to connect to ticket system) and would you like to solve them, but are spread out at different locations? Wouldn't it be nice to solve these problems without having to leave your workstation, offering support in a time-saving and efficient manner? If so, then TeamViewer is the perfect solution for your IT support.
With TeamViewer, you can connect to your colleagues' computers remotely at anytime and provide technical support without needing to leave your workstation. Contrary to classical IT support, which involved solving problems directly on the computer in question, TeamViewer will save you time and money while offering increased flexibility.
For IT Support, use the TeamViewer Full Version software, together with the TeamViewer QuickSupport module. This way, you or your team can securely and intuitively solve computer problems as if you were sitting directly in front of the affected computer.
You can use these features for for IT support:
- Screen Sharing: work on your work computer as if you were sitting right in front of it. TeamViewer shares the computer's screen on your home computer, allowing you to work from home easily and intuitively.
- Direct control: Control mouse and keyboard on your colleague's computer. A previous confirmation by your colleague is not necessary. Therfore your colleague doesn't have to carry out your instructions, you can make all entries by yourself.
- Computer Management: use the Computers & Contacts list to manage your colleagues' computers centrally.
Tip: use custom QuickSupport modules to quickly access all computers being used remotely via your "Computers & Contacts" list in the event of a support case.
- File Sharing: copy files from your computer to a colleague's computer, or vice versa. This way, you can do things like install a printer driver or save log files.
- Multimedia Functions: use Chat, VoIP, phone, or webcam video sharing to communicate with colleagues. Share tips or have a problem explained to you.
- Remote Restart: if you need to restart a server after successful maintenance, TeamViewer will automatically connect to the server as soon as it is available again.
- Multi-Platform: TeamViewer is available for all common computer platforms as well as Android and iOS. This enables platform-comprehensive support, independent of the system you're using.
- Invite Additional Participant: invite a colleague to an active remote control session to resolve a support case together. If necessary, you can hand over the session completely.
How it Works
To begin technical support:
On your colleague's computer
- Ask your colleague to open the following link: http://connect.teamviewer.com/.
- Ask your colleague to share their TeamViewer ID and password.
- You're now ready to connect to your colleague's computer.
On your computer
- Install the TeamViewer full version software.
- On your computer, enter the TeamViewer ID of your colleague under the heading "Control Remote Computer".
- Click the "Connect to partner" button.
- Enter the TeamViewer password of your colleague.
- You can now work on your colleague's computer as if you were sitting directly in front of it.
Tip: If you create a custom QuickSupport module, all computers launching the module will be displayed in your "Computers & Contacts" list and you will be able to connect to them with a single click.
The following links will take you to additional useful content related to TeamViewer and Home Office use.
- First steps for Remote Control: please refer to this first steps document to get started using TeamViewer for Remote Control.
- First steps for Computers & Contacts: first steps document for using the "Computers & Contacts" list.
- Manual for Remote Control: for additional information on how TeamViewer for Remote Control works, please read the manual.
- Custom Module: follow this link to create a user-defined QuickSupport module.
Customers or prospective customers?
Submit a ticket
Do you have any further questions?