Personal Computer Support – Help Friends and Family with Computer Problems
Are you the go-to person when friends and family have computer problems? Are you too far away or don't have time to just stop by? If so, then TeamViewer is the perfect solution for your personal computer support.
With TeamViewer, you can connect to your friends' and family members' computers anytime, using your technical expertise to help them solve questions and problems. The days of trying to solve problems over the phone are gone. Solve the problem yourself as if you were sitting directly in front of their computer.
For Personal Support, use the TeamViewer Full Version software. This way, you can help your family and friends set up their computers or solve other questions and problems, anytime, anywhere.
Features for personal computer support:
- Screen Sharing: work on your work computer as if you were sitting right in front of it. TeamViewer shares the computer's screen on your home computer, allowing you to work from home easily and intuitively.
- File Sharing: copy files from your computer to a friend's computer, or vice versa. This way, you can do things like install a printer driver or save log files.
- Multimedia Functions: use chat, VoIP, phone, or webcam video sharing to communicate with each other. Give tips or answer questions as they arise.
- Multi-Platform: TeamViewer is available for all common computer platforms as well as Android and iOS. This enables platform-comprehensive support, independent of the system you're using.
How it Works
To begin computer support:
On your friends' and family members' computers
- Ask your friend or family member to install the TeamViewer Full Version in their computer.
- Ask your friend or family member to share their TeamViewer ID and password.
- You can connect to your friend's or family member's computer.
On your computer
- Install the TeamViewer full version software.
- On your computer, enter the TeamViewer ID of your friend or family member under the heading "Control Remote Computer".
- Click the "Connect to partner" button.
- Enter the TeamViewer password of your friend or family member.
- You can work on that computer as if you were sitting directly in front of it.
Tip: If you are logged in to your Computers & Contacts list during the connection, you will be asked whether you would like to add that computer to your list. If you select this option, you will be able to connect fastest the next time.
The following links will take you to additional, useful information and content related to TeamViewer and Personal Computer Support.
- First Steps for Remote Control: first steps document for getting started with using TeamViewer for Remote Control.
- First Steps for Computers & Contacts: first steps document for using the "Computers & Contacts" list
- Manual for Remote Control: for additional information on how TeamViewer for Remote Control works, please read the manual.
Customers or prospective customers?
Submit a ticket
Do you have any further questions?