Invest in Digital Solutions to Empower Frontline Workers and Create a Smarter Factory
Reap the Benefits of Smart Technology with Transizione 4.0
With the Transizione 4.0 initiative, the Italian government is helping companies with substantial tax credit discounts if they invest in technology to promote digital solutions that support frontline workers perform their everyday tasks with greater confidence and accuracy as well as technology that enables the central management of interconnected machines.
The initiative is aimed at promoting digitalization, automation, and interconnection in the manufacturing, logistics, and intralogistics industries – to promote efficiency within factories but also between companies that work together, for example between a factory and its suppliers.
Below, we show you how TeamViewer can help.
Transizione 4.0 FAQ
What Tax Credit Benefits Apply?
For smart digital solutions
Invest in intangible goods such as digital solutions to support shop floor workflows or software to manage interconnected machines between the whole of 2022 and 2025 for a tax credit of 20% for investments up to € 1,000,000 per year.
For smart machines and hardware
Invest in tangible goods such as interconnected machines, embedded devices, and smart glasses before 31.12.2025 for a tax credit between 5% and 40% depending on the sum you invest and the year of your investment.
Who Is Eligible for this Tax Benefit?
All businesses resident in Italy can access the 2022-25 tax credit, regardless of their legal form, economic sector, size, and tax regime.
What Types of TeamViewer Software Can I Invest in to Enjoy the Tax Benefit?
To enjoy the tax credit benefit, your company needs to invest in specific software / system types. Below we have listed the criteria for these software types and linked directly to examples of TeamViewer solutions that match these criteria:
- software, systems, platforms and applications for the management and coordination of production with high integration features of service activities, such as factory logistics and maintenance e. g. Frontline solutions xPick and xInspect
- software, systems, platforms, and virtual reality applications for the realistic study of components and operations (e. g. assembly), either in immersive or visual-only contexts, e. g. TeamViewer Frontline
- software, systems, platforms, and applications for quality management at the production system and process level, e. g. Frontline Spatial in combination with xMake
- software, systems, platforms, and applications for the management of augmented reality through wearable devices, e. g. Frontline xAssist and xInspect in combination with smart glasses
- software, systems, platforms, and applications for devices and new human-machine interfaces enabling the acquisition, transmission, and processing of information in voice, visual, tactile, and haptic formats, e. g. TeamViewer Frontline
What Machines Can I Invest in to Enjoy the Tax Benefit?
Below we have listed the criteria for machines and hardware that result in a tax credit and linked directly to TeamViewer solutions that can help you make the most of these types of these types of machines and hardware.
Machine and hardware criteria:
- must be controlled by means of CNC and / or PLC
- must be interconnected to factory computer systems
- must be integrated with the logistic system of the factory and / or other machines
- must include a simple and intuitive man-machine interface
- must be compliant with the latest safety standards
In addition, the machines must be equipped with at least two further features to make them comparable or integrable to cyber-physical systems. One of them is: remote maintenance and/or remote diagnostics and/or remote-control systems.
If you invest in remote maintenance and/or remote diagnostics and/or remote control systems, TeamViewer Tensor and TeamViewer for Embedded Systems are the perfect solutions to help you access, manage, operate, and support these from one central, secure platform.
If you invest in wearable devices such as smart glasses that improve ergonomics and workplace safety, TeamViewer Frontline offers the perfect augmented reality-powered solutions to help you set up workflow support.
What Must My Company Do to Benefit from the Tax Credit?
The company must purchase brand new assets, whether tangible or intangible, from January 1, 2022, until December 31, 2025, or it must issue the order and pay a deposit of more than 20% by December 31, 2025 and put the assets into operation by June 30, 2026.
For assets worth less than € 300,000, your company must acquire a certificate showing that the asset:
- possess all the binding technical characteristics required by law;
- is interconnected to the production management system or to the supply network.
Empower Your Frontline Workforce with Industrial Augmented Reality Solutions
TeamViewer Frontline is a fully integrated augmented reality solution designed to consciously empower the human worker in an increasingly digitized working environment. The platform improves manual work processes across industries along the entire value chain based on the latest wearable computing technologies. Tailored to the use case’s requirements, the Frontline solutions are hardware agnostic and support 2D workflows as well as options to leverage holograms or 3D images and models to support workflows for frontline workers in both augmented and mixed reality environments.
TeamViewer xPick is a patented and award-winning ”pick-by-vision“ solution. It supports manual order picking, incoming, outgoing, and sorting of goods, inventory control, sequencing, kitting, and many more processes in logistics and warehousing.
With TeamViewer xInspect you digitize your knowledge with step-by-step instructions for service and maintenance. Technicians have all relevant information, checklists, diagrams etc. directly in front of their eyes and their hands are free to perform inspections. Inspection reports and documentation can be created automatically during the process without loss of information and additional steps.
TeamViewer xAssist stands for innovative remote support that reduce response time save travel costs. With this solution, you can easily connect a technical expert with employees on-site in the event of a problem. Thanks to smart glasses with real-time video, the remote expert sees exactly what the technician on-site sees.
Connect All Your IT and OT Assets in One Smart Platform
TeamViewer Tensor™ is an enterprise remote connectivity cloud platform, enabling organizations to deploy a large-scale IT /OT management framework to access, support, and control any device or machine quickly and easily from anywhere, anytime.
The TeamViewer Tensor license can be combined with an embedded devices extension for the perfect platform to manage all your interconnected devices.
- Achieve complete visibility of connected devices
- Troubleshoot technical issues remotely to reduce downtime and time-to-response
- Cut travel costs significantly
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Want to learn more about how TeamViewer could help you empower your frontline workforce and manage your interconnected machines and devices? Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will reach out to you for a non-binding product demonstration.