TeamViewer IoT Quickstart for Starter Kit
Quickstart for TeamViewer IoT Starter Kit
In this quickstart you will learn how to set up your TeamViewer IoT Starter Kit and run it quickly.
Before you begin any of the procedures in this section heed the information in the section Safety.
Your Starter Kit contains the following items:
- 1x Dell 3001 edge gateway with PoE power supply (PoE = Power over Ethernet)
- 2x Ethernet cable
- 3x Bosch XDK110 sensors
- 3x USB cables
What you will need to set up a TeamViewer IoT Starter Kit
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- Your TeamViewer credentials. You received them per E-Mail upon ordering the Starter Kit.
- The TeamViewer Client is installed.
Visit https://www.teamviewer.com/ to download the application.
- A working local network with router.
- Multiple USB power supplies – one for each sensor (5 V, 3 A).
The Starter Kit arrives in a “ready-to-use” state. No further installation of software is needed.
Set up the Starter Kit
Set up the Dell 3001 edge gateway and ensure it is connected to an internet router:
- Mount the Wi-Fi antenna to the right side of the gateway .
- Connect your router with one Ethernet cable .
- Connect that Ethernet cable with the IN female connector of the included PoE power supply .
- Connect the OUT connector of the PoE supply via the second Ethernet cable with the Dell 3001 edge gateway .
- Plug the PoE supply into your wall socket.
Connect the Sensors to the Starter Kit
- Choose a proper location for your Bosch XDK110 sensors .
- Connect each sensor with a USB cable and plug them into USB power supplies (not included).
- Switch the sensors ON . Your IoT Starter Kit is now active and pushes sensor data to the TeamViewer IoT cloud.
Use the IoT Management Console to check the Setup
Once your device is up and running you can log in to the IoT Management Console. The IoT Management Console lists all your devices, connected sensors and many more information.
- To log in to the IoT Management Console, open https://teamviewer-iot.com and use your TeamViewer account credentials.
- From the left menu select Inventory.
- From the dropdown menu select Devices.
Your device is listed and working correctly.
Navigate through the Dashboard, e.g. to see sensor metrics from the sensors, create widgets with sensor data, or define rules for automatic alarms on the TeamViewer IoT cloud.
See the IoT Management Console to learn more.
See the TeamViewer IoT Documentation for more information.