Need help or more information? Browse through our helpful resources.
What can I do, if ITbrain Anti-Malware detects legitimate applications or files?
We’re constantly working in reducing false-positive reports to a minimum. However, some applications or files are reported as malware due to bad programming practices (e. g. applications that change the Master Boot Record, add registry entries, change system files without the user’s confirmation, or execute custom macros in office applications).
To identify and white-list such applications or files, we ask you to send us the detected file(s) as described below:
Note: These files will be used for malware analysis only and will be treated accordingly.
- Open the Policies tab under ITbrain within the TeamViewer Management Console.
- Click on the policy that send the false-positive report and deactivate Real-time protection.
- Locate the file(s) on your drive.
- Open the Alert Report tab under ITbrain and click on Alert summary.
- Copy the path of the detected file(s).
- Click the Restore from quarantine button.
- Add the detected file(s) to a zip file using a file compression software of your choice.
- Password protect the zip file with the password “infected”.
- Attach the zip file to an email and send it to: email@example.com
- Make sure to write “FALSE POSITIVE” in the message body.
- Reactivate the Anti-Malware’s real-time protection.
After the analysis, we will inform you, if the file was declared clean and white-listed, or if it was used in a malicious manner.