A unique partnership with one of the world’s most powerful automotive brands
When groundbreaking innovation meets team spirit, everything becomes possible
TeamViewer is the new official partner of one of the world’s most powerful automotive brands competing in the world’s biggest annual sport, Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team and Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team.
These teams are technology incubators for the automotive industry – they push the limits of engineering by permanently innovating on all dimensions. This perfectly matches our innovation journey, in the past years we’ve taken major steps to become a leading player in the enterprise, IoT and industrial AR space.
This partnership will perfectly support our long-term growth strategy and create opportunities to transfer use cases from the most data-driven sport into the industrial environment of our customers.
lifeAR – Larger Than Life
Share unique moments like Toto Wolff and Oliver Steil did, ask your friends to weigh in on everyday life decisions or simply get help with anything, from anyone, anywhere, anytime with lifeAR. Show – don’t just tell – using your smartphone to show the problem and get visual guidance for how to solve it.
Show exactly what you mean, visually guiding anyone through problem-solving steps by adding 3D pointers, augmented reality video calls.
- Take screenshots and record sessions – you can easily record a lifeAR session that is immediately stored on your photo gallery.
- 3D pointers and emojis – you can “mark” the display with arrows, note and highlights that make it easy for the other user(s) to follow.
- Multi-participant videocall – invite up to 6 participants to the call and share experiences or opinions with them.
- Security – Keep your AR video calls private and safe, protected by 256-bit end-to-end encrypted connections and industry-grade security.
winner of the last seven F1 World Championships
team sponsor exposure
team fan social engagement
A far-reaching branding and technology partnership
Additionally to prominent branding on both cars and driver’s racing suits, this partnership is centered around TeamViewer’s technology. Together we will deliver strong proof points for existing technologies and innovate new use cases for TeamViewer customers across all regions and segments.
Mercedes is already using TeamViewer for remote access and operations on the racetrack and in headquarters. Now TeamViewer will make the Mercedes teams even more efficient, with optimized remote operations and enhanced connectivity between team operations trackside and back at base, notably in terms of race support operations during testing and racing.
- Position TeamViewer’s large product portfolio for IoT & asset management
- Augmented reality supported inspection, maintenance and technician training
- Augmented reality experience for fans that can’t attend the event
- Life customer engagement through chat and video with fanbase
- Behind the scenes reports – let fans get close to the drivers and crew
- Digitize F1 and act as role model for further use cases