1. Please Note
- The following terms and conditions apply for all licensing models and product version of TeamViewer.
2. Satisfaction guarantee
- All new orders have a guarantee of satisfaction of 7 days. All payments per credit card will be authorized when the purchase is done (validated) but not charged.
The respective credit card will not be charged until the 7-day satisfaction guarantee period has elapsed.
- A cancellation may follow without giving reasons in written form.
- In case of doubt, the customer is responsible for providing proof of a cancellation in time.
- Subscription licenses with a limited period of validity of one month, starting from the delivery date, shall be extended automatically for another month. 14 days before expiry of the contract, the customer may cancel without giving reasons in written form.
- Subscription licenses with a limited period of validity of one year, starting from the delivery date, shall be extended automatically for another year. 28 days before expiry of the contract, the customer may cancel without giving reasons in written form. The customer is responsible for providing proof of a cancellation in time.
- Please notice that, when paying per invoice, not paying the invoiced amount is insufficient. The obligation to pay the invoiced amount only ceases to be applicable if the order has been cancelled within 7 days after purchase.
- TeamViewer GmbH has the right to increases the prices at its sole discretion after notification has been sent to customer by email at least two weeks in advance. The customer has the right to withdraw from the contract until the new price will be effective.
3. Payment and retention of ownership
- The customer only acquires the right to use the products according to the specification upon receipt of payment in full by TeamViewer.
- TeamViewer GmbH reserves the right to offset any customer liabilities against a customers’ due payments.
- In case of delay of payment, access to the TeamViewer-master server may be blocked.
- Payment for Subscription licenses with a limited period of validity of one month can only be submitted by credit card.
- All costs that are caused by abusing credit cards, reverse charging due to lack of credit etc., are paid by the customer.
- Every abuse of credit cards or account information will be pursued.
- All invoices are net tax and net withholding tax. Any additional taxes at expense of customer. Bank and credit card charges at expense of customer.
4. Rights and licenses
- When buying software, the buyer acquires only the right to use the product according to its specification and End User License Agreement (“EULA”). All software packages remain the intellectual property of TeamViewer GmbH.
- The customer must take appropriate measures to ensure that the products will only be used according to license agreements inside the company. This especially applies to the protection against illegal copying of the software.
- The customer is responsible for all damages which result from a violation of the copyright instructions or illegal use.
5. Server availability
- For the proper use of the TeamViewer software the availability of the TeamViewer master server may be necessary. TeamViewer GmbH will take measures to ensure a high availability of the server. However, it is not possible to guarantee an uninterrupted availability.
- TeamViewer guarantees that the server will be available and usable with the purchased version for a period of at least 10 years after purchase. If the transmission protocol changes in the meantime, an update will be provided to the customer free-of-charge if it is mandatory for further use.
6. Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- TeamViewer applies legal provisions regarding the warranty period beginning from the point of the first provision of service.
Within this period, the customer has the right to insist on correction of faults or replacement in the case of liability on the part of the vendor.
- A breach of warranty shall be defined as the absence of a warranted function which shall not include the suitability of the software for a particular purpose. It is the obligation of the customer to verify prior to entering into the agreement, whether the purchased software is suitable for the intended purpose for legal or other reasons.
- Especially for technical reasons, it can not be guaranteed, that all computers will be reachable with TeamViewer without any exceptions or errors. Advanced firewall technologies as well as special network structures can reduce the connection quality in some cases. This behavior has to be checked by the customer during the test period; a potential failure has not to be considered as an absence of a warranted function.
- If TeamViewer GmbH is not willing or able to remove the faults or deliver a replacement or the process fails for other reasons, the customer has the right to insist on revoking the contract or receiving an appropriate rebate on the purchase price.
- Any further claims asserted by the customer, particularly claims for damages of any kind, are excluded.
NEITHER TEAMVIEWER GMBH NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF SAVINGS, REVENUE OR DATA INCURRED BY CUSTOMERS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, EVEN IF THE DEVELOPER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This shall not apply if TeamViewer has maliciously concealed a defect. The customer is solely responsible for the safety of his data.
THE LIABILITY SHALL IN ANY CASE BE LIMITED TO THE PRICE PAID FOR THE LICENSE.
7. Data Protection
- Information in accordance with § 33 BDSG: The customer's data will be stored in the form of name and address of the residence and business location respectively for internal use.
- If requested by customer TeamViewer will record and store the connection logs of a session within the Management Console for a time period of 12 months starting from the purchase of the license.
8. Final clauses
- Place of fulfillment for traders, legal persons of public law, as well as customers without a place of general jurisdiction in Germany, is Goeppingen.
- Only German law applies
- Alterations of contract must be in written form.
Revision: April 2013