Remote Monitoring of Irrigation Systems
Controlled irrigation makes a decisive contribution to agricultural success. Remote irrigation and control systems are therefore designed to increase efficiency and simplify the process.
Innovation in agriculture Advantages of a remote irrigation monitoring and control system
Many technological innovations are being used in smart farming. These include agricultural drones and sensors designed to help increase yields. To make this happen, irrigation monitoring and control systems use actionable information to make the crop watering system even more effective. Remote irrigation and control systems offer different benefits:
- A remote irrigation monitoring and control system analyzes the condition of plants that need to be supplied with water. For that purpose, the system relies on thermal and multispectral data, allowing accurate forecasting and action.
- Through detailed analysis, remote irrigation and control systems optimize irrigation. The crop watering system distributes only as much water as necessary, which contributes to healthier crops.
- In the long run, irrigation monitoring and control helps to protect the environment. The reason for this is that fewer pesticides are needed.
- Controlled irrigation is only possible for large agricultural areas if irrigation automation systems are used. Such solutions require remote access to all important data and enable data evaluation that would not be feasible manually.
Like in smart factories or smart warehouses, in order to fully utilize the advantages of irrigation automation systems, real-time data is crucial. In this way, remote irrigation and control systems can be used profitably.
The benefits of an automated and wireless irrigation system
Without the right remote control software, it is necessary to monitor irrigation systems manually. Since this is not economical, more and more companies are opting for automated irrigation monitoring. The remote control irrigation system offers the following advantages:
- The irrigation monitoring is done in real time. This means that the web based irrigation system can always access current data. If manual intervention is required, this can be done directly via the smartphone remote irrigation controller.
- Remote management eliminates much of the manual work. Employees can attend to other areas, while the remote control irrigation system keeps a permanent eye on the health of the plants. Daily control of the wireless automated drip irrigation control system is not necessary.
- Motion controlled sprinklers and the wireless automated drip irrigation control system can be configured specifically. If the available values of the analysis do not meet the expectations, the system can issue an automatic warning.
- The web-based irrigation system offers farmers the possibility to adjust the irrigation system via tablet. If the current demand differs from the intended irrigation schedule, this change can be quickly applied to the different areas.
- The automated irrigation systems use the data from the remote irrigation and control system to achieve the best possible results. The interaction between remote irrigation monitoring and motion controlled sprinklers lowers the cost of agricultural operations in the long run and helps achieve the best possible yield.
More efficiency when watering large areas
Although remote irrigation and control systems make day-to-day work easier, they only show their true benefit when watering large areas. Remote irrigation monitoring can be used over many square miles thanks to wireless sensor control systems. Hills, buildings or other infrastructure elements have no effect on remote irrigation monitoring as long as they are wireless systems.
The basis for an efficient remote management is a mesh network. It covers the area to be monitored by the remote irrigation and control systems in its mesh-like structure. Robust remote irrigation monitoring systems can accommodate hundreds of transceiver inputs and a large number of field sensors. The data collected by the remote irrigation and control systems, in turn, can be used to establish intelligent operating procedures. They provide growers with control and transparency over their irrigation systems.
Extensive monitoring of different parameters
Remote irrigation monitoring collects a wide range of data. This information makes it possible to monitor different aspects of the irrigation system:
- Soil moisture sensors monitor water content.
- Pressure sensors check pump and spray nozzle pressures.
- Flow meters measure water and chemical usage.
- Level sensors monitor tank levels.
- Electricity meters monitor how much power the pump requires.
Remote Connectivity for Embedded Devices with TeamViewer IoT
TeamViewer IoT opens up new possibilities to transform your business. Connect your smart products with embedded intelligence and IoT capabilities: provide the best after-sales experiences for your customers and reduce costs by maintaining your equipment remotely.
Remote irrigation monitoring – with TeamViewer’s IoT
The Internet of Things (IoT) makes farming easier and adds tremendous value. While sensors monitor crop health, workflows can be made more efficient with smart glasses and comprehensive remote device control. For this to succeed, real-time data is essential, which is why more and more farmers are relying on transmission via mobile or satellite networks.
The basis for a systematic remote irrigation and control system is the Internet of Things (IoT). Combined with a good remote management software, the two help achieve sustainable, high-yield agriculture that can be monitored in real time. Innovative technology such as TeamViewer’s smart glasses software, the use of networked devices and the connection of agricultural machinery offer great potential by promoting the efficient use of resources, reducing costs and increasing productivity.