IT structures have transitioned from traditional, isolated systems to cloud-based applications that demand 24/7 availability. They have moved from serving one local workforce to several “work-from-anywhere” teams. These new advancements mean new challenges for business, particularly around security. Equip your organization with the armor it needs with these five top tips on how to implement secure remote connectivity across your business.
1. Acknowledge the importance of secure remote connectivity
- Embrace the new world: Workforces spread across the globe are far more prone to attacks. By recognizing the new attack vectors and security threats that accompany this shift, you can take action to protect your business.
- Build up your security fundamentals: Start with building awareness among staff. Define clear security expectations for your organization and communicate them clearly throughout your business. training external partners and vendors too. With a shared understanding of privacy, access control, and the human, machine, and bot actors involved in your security ecosystem, your internal and external stakeholders can work together to protect each other.
Get started today
To start your secure remote connectivity journey, check out our latest eBook now for an in-depth primer on 360° security for remote connectivity.
2. Choose platforms built for security from the outset
By providing the ability to give and get quick, reliable support, remote connectivity is a clear boost for your workforce’s productivity. But security mustn’t be an afterthought. Features such as password randomization, device authentication, multi-factor authentication, and conditional access, all provide you have a remote connectivity fortress at your fingertips.
3. Comply with security standards and certifications
Ensure that your remote connectivity platform can keep up with emerging technologies. Stringent compliances like GDPR, HIPAA, and ISO 27000 place you ahead of the curve.
By upholding these compliances, TeamViewer and ensure that companies in various verticals, such as HIPAA for the healthcare sector, can safely adopt its system without issue.
4. Embrace transparency with vulnerability disclosures
Build trust through transparency by being candid about possible security vulnerabilities. Incentivize vulnerability reporting through bug bounty programs. These programs encourage ethical hacking and responsible disclosure, making products and services better.
5. Stay on top through security thought leadership
Upholding enterprise-grade security standards is an ongoing commitment, stay on top with the latest developments by engaging in technology thought leadership, sharing your own expertise, and collaborating with communities and media in the security space.
Want to know more. Download our eBook.
Achieve enterprise-grade secure remote connectivity and get an understanding of the security fundamentals of TeamViewer in our all-new eBook.