Remote Access with TeamViewer vs. VPN
How TeamViewer enables secure remote work, while saving time and money.
Free for private use.
What is VPN and how is it different from remote access solutions?
A VPN, or virtual private network, allows you to send and receive data through a tunnel between two devices. First, a VPN client is started by a remote user. Then, all data goes through the VPN server to that user’s online destination. When more people use their corporate VPN, this causes a bottleneck that slows performance.
Key VPN Challenges:
- Expensive, often cost-prohibitive
- Security risks, especially when transferring corporate data to devices outside the company
- Time-consuming to install and maintain across numerous devices
Why opt for VPN alternatives like Remote Access?
Companies and individuals that choose VPN alternatives such as remote access software are able to:
- Remote securely into any device
- Save approximately 1/3 the cost of VPN
- Leverage more features that exceed VPN capabilities
As a powerful VPN alternative, Remote Access software offers essential business tools with a wider range of features for better collaboration and productivity.
Why Use TeamViewer Instead of Traditional VPN Solutions?
Remote Work with TeamViewer
One of the most reliable alternatives to using a VPN client is remote access software, such as TeamViewer. TeamViewer provides users with direct connections to all the files and resources stored on remote devices, so they can work remotely without losing efficiency due to network latency or processing power. Unlike VPN, which requires a complex configuration process for host devices, remote devices, and networks, TeamViewer has a simple installation process and can be rolled out to thousands of devices simultaneously.
By opting to use remote access tools to retrieve files and work from delocalized devices, you’re also ensuring that your connections remain secure and safe from any third-party breach attacks. When accessing devices remotely with TeamViewer, the connections are secure and the data is end-to-end encrypted.
- Industry-certified security features
- Easy setup – install TeamViewer across a multitude of devices in hours, not days for immediate remote work
- High performance, even when working with resource-intensive apps like CAD or CAM, video rendering, and graphic applications on the remote computer
- Reliable connections, even on low bandwidth as only screen images are transferred, not data
- No maintenance or infrastructure costs