Version as of February 2022
YOUR PRIVACY: OVERVIEW
Please note that the TeamViewer Group may provide different or additional privacy notices in connection with certain activities, products, services, and offerings. For more information about our privacy practices concerning our products, services, and other jurisdictions, please refer to the privacy policies posted on ours or the applicable TeamViewer Group website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE
We collect personal data directly from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Fill out lead forms;
- Request additional information about our products or services or sign up to receive our e-mail newsletters or marketing messages;
- Interact with us on social media;
- Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback and preferences;
- Contact us through an online contact form, chat function on our website, or via phone;
- Subscribe and/or post to our blog;
- Provide feedback or make other submissions to us; and
- Participate in a survey performed by or on behalf of TeamViewer.
The types of data we collect directly from you may include: your first name, last name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, country, job title, phone number, username, company information (including company size), demographic information, personal preferences, reactions to and interactions with our communication channels, account information, purchase history, and any other personal data that you choose to include in your submissions or communications with us.
PERSONAL DATA AND DATA WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect personal data when you access and use our website. The types of information we collect may include:
- Networking and device information, such as your browser type, IP address, and operating system version, language settings;
- Information about your website activities, such your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you came to our website, your use of any hyperlinks available within our services; and
- Information collected via cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, including Internet service provider (ISP), Mobile Advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, or identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on our services.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect personal data about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal data about you from:
- Third parties hosting events, including those sponsored by TeamViewer, when they share event attendance or participation information with us;
- Third-party social media and communication services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, and Instagram, that you use to interact with our services (e.g., to create an account) or that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools), but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services; and
- Unaffiliated parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks, consumer data resellers, and other third parties that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may be of interest to you.
PERSONAL DATA WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal data we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use personal data for business and commercial purposes, including to:
- Develop, provide and improve our events and websites;
- Respond to your requests and any other communications from you;
- Send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by TeamViewer and others, and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Offer and administer events, contests, and other promotions;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Comply with our legal obligations; and
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We share personal data for the purposes described below:
a. With our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. Disclosures of your personal data to the TeamViewer Group, including our parent entities, subsidiaries and affiliates (as the case may be), for the purposes described in the “USE OF PERSONAL DATA” section above. Specifically, if and when you become a TeamViewer customer we may share information such as your name, email address, address, telephone number, country, job title, username, company information (including company size), demographic information, personal preferences, reactions to and interactions with our communication channels, account information, purchase history, chosen payment method, information to support payment processing (including a payment token), invoice ID, price paid, currency, invoice date, tax code, license key, license start and expiry dates, and any other information collected through our websites or that you choose to include in your profile or in other communications with us. Since our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates are located around the world, please note that these disclosures involve international transfers of your personal data.
b. With our Service Providers. We share personal data with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, product fulfilment, fraud control, direct mail and email distribution, events, contests, sweepstakes and promotion administration, and analytics services. We only share with service providers the personal data that they need to perform services for us. Since our service providers are located around the world, please note that these disclosures involve international transfers of your personal data.
c. With our Professional Advisors. We share personal data with our legal, financial, and other advisors in connection with the management of all or part of TeamViewer’s business or operations.
d. With Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We disclose personal data when we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process (including an enforceable request from authorities), to respond to claims (including inquiries by you in connection with your purchases from TeamViewer), or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of TeamViewer, our users, employees or the public.
e. With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We share personal data with third parties when we have your consent to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our events or services, you consent to the disclosure of this information to other users of our websites. We may also share your personal data with third parties when you intentionally direct us to do so or when you use our services to intentionally interact with third parties.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Such tools include:
1. Google Analytics and Other Analysis Tools Provided by Google
Other tools we use in this context that are also provided by Google include:
- Google Tag Manager (a tag management system that allows TeamViewer to quickly and easily update tracking codes and related code fragments collectively known as “tags” on our website or mobile app);
- Google Big Query (an enterprise data warehouse that enables SQL queries using the processing power of Google’s infrastructure; TeamViewer uses Big Query to store and query data sets which are collected by Google services such as Google Analytics, and the Big Query data is used to build flexible reports for evaluating our website performance);
- Google Display Network (used to measure the impact of unclicked Google Display Network ad impressions on the website, behavior of users, and conversions; please refer to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3105620 for further information); and
- Google Optimize (for A/B testing, offering to analyze user behavior by showing slightly varied website contents to different user groups, depending on profile matching; thereby, TeamViewer analyzes its online services, improves its web offerings, and can create an interesting user journey).
TeamViewer Group uses data gathered through your Google Analytics Client ID as well as other data generated from Google’s web analytics applications in order to perform analyses of your interactions with our products, services, and websites. With the help of Google’s Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we will receive analyses on our users’ age, gender, and interest categories (please refer to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357?hl=en for further information). We strive to offer you tailored products and services that are best suited for your individual circumstances. To that end, Google provides us with insights and statistics that help us to make our online presence, our communications to you, and ultimately our products more interesting and relevant for you.
As further explained in our Cookies Policy, you may block cookies from being stored on your device, and consequently prevent the described analyses from being conducted, by adjusting the settings in your browser software; however, in such case, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionalities of our website. You can also block the collection of the data generated by the cookie and the data related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser plugin available from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
The Demandbase Tags are used for analytics and advertising services provided by Demandbase. They are also used for performance and optimization of Demandbase data and reporting. Demandbase’s services help us tailor our communications and improve the quality of the content we provide to our prospects, users, and customers. It also helps to improve our website user experience and performance by personalizing and optimizing the website for visitors.
For further information on Demandbase’s privacy approach, visit https://www.demandbase.com/privacy-policy/. For more details on the cookies used by Demandbase, visit https://www.demandbase.com/cookies/.
3. Google AdWords Conversion and Google Remarketing
TeamViewer’s website uses Google AdWords in order to generate attention for our products and services by conducting targeted advertising campaigns on third-party websites and apps. Data generated by such campaigns helps us to determine the success rate of individual campaigns. TeamViewer aims at providing you with advertisement that is of interest to you, to make its website more interesting, and calculate advertising expenses accurately.
Such means of advertisement are delivered by Google through a so-called Ad Server. Along with this, TeamViewer uses Ad Server Cookies, which scale certain parameters, such as display of ads or clicks by users. When you click on an ad delivered by Google that redirects you to our website, a cookie is stored on your computer by Google AdWords. These cookies usually expire within 30 days and are not supposed to be used to personally identify a user. In addition to these cookies, analytic values like a unique cookie ID, quantity of Ad impressions per storing, last impression and opt-out information (markings that the user does not want to be addressed any further) are usually stored. These cookies enable Google to recognize your internet browser.
If you visit certain pages on our website and provided the cookie stored on your computer has not yet expired, TeamViewer and Google are able to recognize that you clicked on an ad and were redirected to the TeamViewer website. Every Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Therefore, cookies cannot be tracked across different sites by TeamViewer, as is the case for all other AdWords customers. TeamViewer merely receives statistical evaluations from Google. By and through these statistical evaluations, we can evaluate which advertisement campaign was particularly effective. Any additional data generated by the particular advertisement is not forwarded to TeamViewer; particularly, we cannot personally identify users through this information.
- a setting of your browser software, particularly, by suppressing third party cookie installation in order to prevent receiving third-party ads;
- deactivating AdWords Cookies, by setting your browser so that cookies from www.googleadservices.com are being blocked; this can be done at https://adssettings.google.com/anonymous, however, such settings are deleted if you delete cookies; or
- permanently deactivating cookies in your browser under https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996.
In addition to Google AdWords, TeamViewer uses the tool “Google Remarketing.” This is an application that allows us to address you again, even when you have left our website. After visiting our website and while you are surfing the internet, our advertisement can be displayed to you by and through this application. This is enabled by cookies stored on your device, which track and analyze user behavior on different websites for Google. Google can track your previous visits to our website.
According to its own statement, Google does not combine data gathered through Remarketing with any personal data Google may have stored about you. Furthermore, the data processed for these purposes is generally limited to pseudonymous information. If you do not want to be exposed to data processing through the Google Remarketing feature, you can disable it by changing the appropriate settings at https://adssettings.google.com/anonymous.
4. Social Media Tracking Tools, including “Tracking Pixels”
We also use other tools on our website allowing us to offer you a more personalized and engaged web experience by offering you advertisements on your social media channels that are more relevant to you. To that end, we use cookie-based (please refer again to our Cookies Policy) tools offered by the following third-party social media providers:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; for further information on the implemented tool, please refer to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/implementation#base-code; for additional information on data collection, refer to https://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; for further information on the implemented tool and how to opt out of corresponding tracking, please refer to https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out; for further information on LinkedIn’s approach to privacy refer to: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?trk=uno-reg-guest-home-privacy-policy.
- Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; for further information on the implemented tool and how to opt out of corresponding tracking, please refer to https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads; for further information on Twitter’s approach to privacy refer to: https://twitter.com/en/privacy.
In each case, we integrate snippets of code provided by these social media operators that load a small library of functions (sometimes referred to as “tracking pixels”, i.e. transparent, pixel-sized images embedded in websites with a tracking functionality). These functions enable us to track your activities on our website, such as URLs visited, domains visited, device(s) used, and, in particular advertising conversions (i.e. actions counted when you interact with one of our ads, such as clicking it and purchasing our product afterwards). They rely on cookies placed by the mentioned third-party providers, which may also enable us to match our website visitors to respective user accounts on the respective social media platforms.
We may also use the “Custom Audience” service provided by Facebook Inc., for delivering targeted advertising to you. In this context, we would check whether you hold an account with Facebook for which you use the same email-address that you have provided to us and include you in a corresponding “custom audience” group. This works by us providing your email-address to Facebook Inc. in a hashed format, and this way making sure that Facebook will only process, as a data processor on our behalf, actual email-addresses of users that have already subscribed to their service (please refer to https://www.facebook.com/business/help/112061095610075?id=2469097953376494&helpref=faq_content for further information on this process). You may opt-out of receiving targeted ads because you are part of a custom audience created by TeamViewer through clicking a corresponding link when you select the “Why am I seeing this?” feature on the Facebook platform (see https://www.facebook.com/help/562973647153813?helpref=about_content).
Like many websites, TeamViewer uses “cookies” to analyze visits to our website and help us improve our website and services. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please follow your browser’s process for doing so. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be deleted once you withdraw consent, or, more generally, once the purpose for processing has ceased to exist. In some cases, TeamViewer is legally obligated to retain data for a certain period. Once this period has lapsed, TeamViewer will delete the data in accordance with data protection obligations.
TeamViewer’s services are not intended for children under the age of 18. TeamViewer does not target our services to children under 18.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Please note that our websites contain links to third-party websites that are not controlled or operated by TeamViewer. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that TeamViewer does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please review these policies before you disclose any personal data when visiting such third-party websites.
We take the safety of your personal data and its confidentiality very seriously and we provide reasonable security safeguards commensurate to the sensitivity of the personal data being handled and have implemented security practices including but not limited to technical, operational, and physical safeguards to protect your information. We implement a variety of security measures when entering, submitting, or accessing information to maintain the safety of your personal data. The website is scanned on a regular basis for any known vulnerabilities in order to make your use as safe as possible.
Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and it only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems or otherwise require personal data for appropriate purposes. These persons are also under an obligation to keep such personal data confidential. All of the data centers TeamViewer uses have achieved ISO/IEC 27001 certification, which is the international standard for information security management systems and security controls. The data centers have implemented state-of-the-art security controls, which means that personal access control, video camera surveillance, motion detectors, 24×7 monitoring, and on-site security personnel ensure access to the data center is only granted to authorized persons and guarantee the best possible security for hardware and data. There is also a detailed identification check at the single point-of-entry to the data center.
Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for your personal data, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
We endeavor to ensure that all third-party service providers whose services which we may use, maintain security standards that are equivalent to our security standards and commensurate with market practices, in the context of the kind and nature of personal data being stored or handled.
For more information, you may visit the TeamViewer Trust Center or request for a copy of our Security Measures
You may contact us in order to exercise the following rights to the extent you are entitled to so under applicable law:
- You may access your personal data to check and review such data;
- You may request a copy of your personal data;
- You may demand that we supplement, correct or delete your personal data; or cease or restrict the collection, processing, use or disclosure of your personal data; and
- You may withdraw consent and/or object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You may request to receive your personal data in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable format.
To submit such a request, please contact us under [email protected], at 1-800-638-0253, or submit a ticket on our website. Your request will be promptly attended to by a member of our team. TeamViewer may request your name, email address, and/or account information in order to verify your request.
Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES RELATED TO COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request and subject to applicable exemptions, to request that we give you access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances.
Consistent with California law, TeamViewer will not discriminate against those who exercise their rights. Specifically, if you exercise your rights, we will not deny you services, charge you different prices for services or provide you a different level or quality of services.
To submit a data request, please contact us under [email protected], at 1-800-638-0253, or submit a ticket on our website. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you may have to provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
We do not sell personal information to third parties, as that is defined under the CCPA.
TeamViewer US, Inc.
5741 Rio Vista Drive
Clearwater, FL 33760
TEAMVIEWER GROUP PROCESSING