TeamViewer Data Privacy Commitment
As part of our GDPR Readiness activities and as required by the regulations we have updated our analysis of processing activities as part of our continuous review of how personal information is handled across our business operations, products, and services. Our customers have been updated with key information including:
Need a quick answer to one of your TeamViewer questions? Here you go.
Our GDPR Readiness project has ensured that we meet our obligations relating to data protection as the new regulations came into force
• TeamViewer’s preparations ahead of GDPR coming into force were undertaken as a joint project with TeamViewer subject experts supported by external business, technical and legal advisors with practical experience in data protection and wider security aspects
• We are proud of the security measures that we already have in place and we did not need to make any significant changes as a result of our GDPR readiness preparations
• TeamViewer class-leading products and services will operate as usual and we will ensure that our customers benefit from our attention to security and data protection
TeamViewer is based in the EU and our products make use of industry-standard hosting providers operating in Western Europe
• As part of our GDPR Readiness activities and as required by the regulations we have updated our records of processing activities as part of our continuous review of how personal information is handled across our business operations, products and services
• Our data protection governance arrangements and privacy mindset ensure that our operations are subject to continuous review to maintain alignment with GDPR as we introduce new products and services
• Our Third-party service providers operate under the same regulatory regimes and we select and manage industry standard suppliers to ensure that we can deliver the best products and services
• We provide secure online self-service access to account information for our customers via the Management Console and user profile functionality in our products
• If you need further information additional to that available through our online channels our customers can contact TeamViewer Customer Satisfaction who will be pleased to assist with general enquiries on TeamViewer functionality
• If you have a specific request for personal information please submit this request using [email protected]
• We will need to authenticate your identity to ensure we handle any request securely
• Existing legislation and GDPR require organizations to respond to data subject access requests, TeamViewer is able to assist our customers to handle requests from their data subject.
We have completed a review of how our products handle personal data. User experience has not changed in TeamViewer products as a result of GDPR requirements.
• TeamViewer EULA and Privacy Notices have been updated to align with the requirements of GDPR
• Users have been informed via email and through GDPR articles on the TeamViewer community & KnowledgeBase and will be kept up to date as part of our regular communication via email and Newsletter
• Where users have consented to receiving material such as the TeamViewer Newsletter, we already provide the ability to change or withdraw consent, for example adapting the frequency of newsletter or unsubscribing
• As part of the ongoing evolution of the TeamViewer products, we will continue to review the business purpose for using personal information. As such there may be future changes to Privacy Notices and potentially consent aspects, which will be notified to our customers.
A Data Processing agreement has been provided as an addition to our EULA and for many customers, this will be sufficient.
• Should a commercial customer additionally require a dedicated Data Processing Agreement/Addendum, TeamViewer can provide a suitable signed template.
TeamViewer – Security-Focussed Training Videos
Learn how to stay at the cutting edge of IT security with TeamViewer
The following terms will supplement your current contract with TeamViewer. The updated EULA, website- and product policies can be found linked below.