Trusted Devices provides an extra layer of security for your TeamViewer Account. As a preventive measure to ensure your account’s security, you need to authorize new devices on which you sign in to your TeamViewer Account for the first time.
Due to technical reasons there is more than one trust per device. You will need to set separate trusts for the TeamViewer client, the Management Console (per browser), and each TeamViewer application.
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- Your TeamViewer credentials.
If you don’t have an account yet, visit https://www.teamviewer.com/ to create a new account.
- TeamViewer Client is installed.
- On your PC open the TeamViewer Client and log in for the first time.
- Confirm the message dialog.
A device authorization email is sent to the email address of your TeamViewer account.
- Click the link within the email to authorize the device.
You will be forwarded to the TeamViewer Management Console.
- To complete the authorization process, select the kind of trust scope you would like to grant. Then click Trust.
- From the dropdown menu select whether you would like to trust this specific device or the IP address permanently or whether you would like to trust this device only once:
|Trust device||You are setting the trust for the specific device.|
|Trust IP address||You can decide whether you would like to trust a single device only or if you would like to trust the IP address. That means your account’s trust is extended to all other devices in the same local network. You can now log in with all devices/instances that log in from the trusted IP address.|
When the IP address changes, you will get the trusted device mails only for new devices, that haven’t signed in before the IP address has changed.
|Trust only once||This trust scope can be used, when you only want to log in on the device once (on a device from your customer, in an Internet cafe,… ). It is only valid for one login on the device.|
The trust will be deleted after you logged in from the trusted device. When you retry to log in you will get the trusted device message again.
A message is displayed in the Management Console informing you that the new device is now a trusted device.
Once you complete the authorization process, you are able to sign in on the new device with your TeamViewer account credentials.