London, UK, June 13, 2018 – TeamViewer®, a leading global software provider for IoT, connectivity, monitoring, support, and team collaboration, announced today that its dedicated online meeting solution Blizz now supports WebRTC. This addition will let meeting participants join a meeting from any given browser so that they do not have to install software on their device. To participate in a Blizz meeting, users can either click on an invitation link or enter the relevant meeting id in a field on a dedicated webpage.
“The move to support WebRTC represents an industry trend, and makes joining a meeting even easier than it already was,” said Peter Brunner, Business Owner Blizz at TeamViewer. “Ease of use is one of our key objectives. With that in mind, we will continue to drive the development of our product to further extend its reach. Our global infrastructure is a valuable asset enabling Blizz to become the number one online meeting, collaboration and web conferencing choice for users who depend on a secure, fast, and easy-to-use solution.”
One year after its official launch, Blizz by TeamViewer has become a globally used solution with more than 120,000 connected devices in more than 200 countries. More than 580,000 Blizz by TeamViewer meetings were held – amounting to a total of more than 25 million meeting minutes.
The advantages of Blizz by TeamViewer include:
- Participate in true browser-based meetings with no extra software required
- Free for basic private and business meetings
- An effortless online meeting experience that requires no sign-in, administration rights or technological expertise
- Meetings with up to 300 participants: Users can scale their plan according to their needs
- Dial in via a telephone line: In addition to a connection via the app or browser, participants can also dial in a conference via a conventional telephone line. To allow for that, TeamViewer provides domestic dial-in numbers for over 57 countries at domestic rates (usually free of charge)
- HD videocalls: Blizz by TeamViewer allows for a brilliant video experience by supporting full high definition
- Secure chat functionalities: A real contact list and unique Microsoft Office integration. Additionally, the sophisticated cross-company presence indicator lets users recognise whether a contact is online. That way, spontaneous meetings can be set up. This allows for instant synchronisation between two users; for instance, when editing of a Microsoft Outlook email message raises questions that need to be discussed in private.