Free Remote Access Software Download
Remote access software can be a cost-effective way of enjoying a secure connection between networks and devices.
Ready to try TeamViewer?
Key Benefits of Using Free Remote Access Software
A flexible approach
Free remote access tools allow users to experiment with the various features offered. When the time comes to opt in to a paid solution, users know exactly which features they require.
The accessibility provided by free remote access software is unbeatable: you can access data or software any time, any place, anywhere, without spending a penny.
Remote access solutions cut costs across the board. There is no need to invest in as many servers, staff, or devices to keep your business running. In addition travel costs are reduced significantly.
Guaranteeing the security of remote access software is a top priority for any company. Consequently, most modern software programs have various built-in features to ensure that only authorised personnel have access to specific devices and resources. These include:
- Two-factor authentication, which requires a unique code generated on an app on your secondary mobile device in order to login.
- End-to-end encryption, which ensures that only those communicating with each other can decipher the messages being sent.
- Exponetial latency increases between connection attempts for protection against brute-force attacks.
In addition, you can retain authorisation rights to specify users who are allowed to access certain resources using blacklist and whitelist functions.
How do I remotely access another computer?
Follow the steps below to remotely access a partner’s computer:
- Ensure the TeamViewer software is installed on both your computer and your partner’s computer, and create a TeamViewer account.
- Open TeamViewer and log in to your account.
- Ask your partner for their ID (found in the “Allow Remote Control” section of the TeamViewer interface).
- Enter this ID into the “Partner ID” field (under “Control Remote Computer”) and click “CONNECT”.
- You can now remotely access and control your partner’s computer.
Is remote access software safe?
The security of your data is paramount to TeamViewer. In order to make sure that only authorised users have access, TeamViewer uses two-factor authentication, an extra layer of security that prompts the user to enter a code on top of their password before they can log in. The time increases between failed login attempts to prevent brute-force attacks. End-to-end encryption means that only the sender and the intended recipient can read the messages being sent.
What are the benefits of remote access?
Remote access with TeamViewer allows you to access resources and carry out tasks on a device without having to be physically present. The flexibility this enables is hugely beneficial for facilitating working from home, since employees have full access to company servers and collaboration tools. Remote access also helps streamline IT support processes, allowing teams to log in to the corporate network remotely to perform maintenance and system updates.
Who is remote access software suitable for?
Remotely accessing devices is advantageous for all kinds of companies, since it enables a modern working environment. For instance, employees are able to quickly log in and complete tasks from home, and IT support teams can troubleshoot on the go. Remote access is also a great option for start-ups without a permanent office, or those that rely mostly on remote workers.