With the majority of the workforce working from home as a result of the COVID-19-related lockdown, IT support faced new challenges that the previous software tools could not handle:
- Increased need for digital support services due to staff 100% working from home.
- Previous software solution in the service desk was VPN-based, no remote access was possible in case of VPN disturbance.
- With the previous approach, employees partially experienced restrictions of up to several hours or were unable to work at all.
TeamViewer Tensor was Sharp‘s first choice when it came to adapting its IT support to the new requirements. The decisive factor was the Conditional Access functionality, which allows to define and monitor access rights for the support experts centrally in TeamViewer Tensor.
With TeamViewer, the enterprise digitized its IT service processes in record time, keeps its business processes up and running during the pandemic, and is well prepared for the time after.
- Within 6 weeks, the decision was made and TeamViewer was ready for distribution; after 8 weeks, TeamViewer Tensor was completely rolled out.
- 99% of the requests at the service desk can be handled quickly and efficiently resolved remotely, regardless of the status of the VPN connection.
- Improved security: All remote connections are centrally managed and fully controlled.