Press Release – April 2, 2019
TeamViewer launches IoT Starter Kit for immediate setup
• TeamViewer partners with Dell, Bosch and abtis to accelerate simple IoT adoption.
• With just three multi sensors, a gateway, and the TeamViewer IoT software customers can now experience a real-world IoT use case.
• The IoT Starter Kit is available for sale from the beginning of April for all businesses worldwide.
Goeppingen, April 2, 2019 – TeamViewer®, the world’s leading provider of remote connectivity solutions, has announced its new easy-to implement IoT product, a do-it-yourself solution that businesses of any size can use immediately to get started with IoT. With TeamViewer’s IoT Starter Kit, it is now possible to simply implement an IoT application without a time-consuming concept phase, a preliminary project and a high upfront investment.
“With our IoT Starter Kit, we enable our customers and partners to come up with their own IoT use cases and to experience how IoT can work for them”, says Alfredo Patron, Executive Vice President Business Development at TeamViewer. “Just walk into your factory, building or whatever you want to make smart and place the gateway and sensors and use our IoT solution. The sensors will immediately start collecting data regarding predefined parameters like vibration, temperature, or lighting condition and send them to the gateway and to our cloud. Now you can easily access this data via our software, set rules and alerts in the TeamViewer IoT Cloud and enable live remote device management at scale.”
Apart from a Dell gateway and Bosch sensors, the IoT Starter Kit uses TeamViewer’s dedicated IoT solution, which has been developed to provide remote monitoring, live remote control, incident management, and instant troubleshooting for virtually any embedded device such as industrial machinery or robots. By connecting the device data with TeamViewer’s cloud and making them available for technicians and support admins, companies can manage their devices from anywhere in the world.
The TeamViewer IoT Starter Kit comprises of:
- 1 x Dell 3001 Edge Gateway that includes industry connectivity standards.
- 3 x Bosch XDK110 multi sensors containing the following eight sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, sensors for humidity, pressure, temperature, acoustic, and light intensity.
- 1 x TeamViewer IoT 6-month license including IoT remote monitoring and control via the TeamViewer IoT Cloud as well as edge management and visualization capabilities.
- Power supply, wiring, sensor provisioning and bespoke onboarding services.
German IT service provider abtis is TeamViewer’s distribution and fulfillment partner. The Starter Kit can be ordered online for 1.990 Euro. Find here more information on TeamViewer IoT and the Starter Kit.
As the leading global provider of remote connectivity solutions, TeamViewer empowers users to connect anything, anywhere, anytime. The company offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. By innovating with cutting-edge yet easy-to-deploy Augmented Reality (AR) and Internet of Things (IoT) implementations, the company enables businesses of all sizes to tap into their full digital potential. TeamViewer has been activated on more than 2.5 billion devices; more than 40 million devices are online at any time. Founded in 2005 in Goeppingen, Germany, the company employs about 800 people in offices across Europe, the United States and Asia Pacific. For more information, go to www.teamviewer.com and follow us on social media.
TeamViewer Germany GmbH
All images in print-quality. If you require other formats or images please don’t hesitate to contact us.