TeamViewer Announces launch of ITbrain™ Anti-Malware
Cloud-based solution provides small and midsized companies with protection against all major threats without cumbersome onsite architecture, helping to protect against rising malware attacks
Tampa, Fla., February 3, 2015 – TeamViewer®, provider of remote control and online meetings software, today announced the launch of ITbrain Anti-Malware, a new powerful anti-malware solution for small and midsized businesses that makes protection against malware attacks and its management easy and simple. As a cloud-based solution, ITbrain Anti-Malware eliminates complex onsite architecture and costly server maintenance, while providing businesses with the latest security technologies they need to protect themselves from rising dangers of hacking, phishing, viruses and data theft.
ITbrain Anti-Malware is available upon subscription. The cloud-based security technology can be even handled by non-technical staff. From the easy-to-use Management Console companies have real-time control of all remote endpoints regardless of the mix of Windows desktops and servers.
ITbrain Anti-Malware provides several benefits over complex enterprise or consumer-grade security solutions:
- Fast installation – ITbrain Anti-Malware runs in the cloud-based TeamViewer Management Console, and can be activated with just a few clicks. Companies don’t have to buy or configure any hardware and there is no need to move from machine to machine for installation. It all happens remotely using the TeamViewer Management Console.
- Carefree package – Being cloud-based, TeamViewer and ITbrain Anti-Malware handle all the patching and updating, saving companies the workload and any concerns about vulnerabilities and arising threats. Multiple times a day ITbrain Anti-Malware updates itself by downloading the latest signatures to keep computers immune. Detected malicious files are being quarantined automatically, without any further interaction required from company staff.
- Easy to manage – Companies can still deploy, monitor and control protection across their network, all from the web-based Management Console where they manage anti-malware on all PCs within their network. A dashboard provides a status snapshot of all managed clients in real-time. Administrators have full privileges, while employees have no access to policies and settings in order to prevent them from switching off security scans by accident.
- Alerts - Alerts are sent out when a threat is detected, as well as being displayed in the TeamViewer Computers & Contacts list and the TeamViewer Management Console. Reports can be even exported for further use.
- Individual Check-Policies – Companies can set and apply policies centrally in the Management Console to adjust ITbrain Anti-Malware to their needs, including disk check timing, selecting which drives to check, etc. They can choose whether they want to perform a thorough check to ensure maximum safety or a quick scan during working hours to lessen productivity interferences. It is also possible to perform scheduled checks – daily, weekly or in individual intervals.
- Protection against all major threats – A combination of advanced heuristics and signature-based detection blocks malware as soon as it arises. As a result, companies are protected against viruses, rootkits, spyware adware, phishing data theft and much more.
- Certified Protection: VB100 – ITbrain Anti-Malware has been awarded by independent testing and certification organization Virus Bulletin with the VB100 award, affirming its strong detection rates and reliability. The technology behind ITbrain Anti-Malware is based on one of the world’s most effective antimalware solutions, being used by thousands of companies across the globe.
“The malware threats keep growing. At the same time, many small businesses don’t have the dedicated IT staff to plan a coordinated response to security threats, let alone implement it. ITbrain Anti-Malware gives them proper business grade security, but without the maintenance burdens and ongoing expense of a complex solution. And the best about it: This simple, effective cloud-based solution can be deployed with complete efficiency by most anybody in the office,” said Kornelius Brunner, Head of Product Management at TeamViewer.
ITbrain Anti-Malware is integrated in the web-based TeamViewer Management Console, providing companies with access to the control panel and reporting data from any web-enabled device. The integration allows both products to work together seamlessly in an ideal way by collecting and aggregating data into the cloud.
Availability and pricing
ITbrain Anti-Malware is immediately available for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP SP3, as well as Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, and 2003 R2.
ITbrain Anti-Malware is available with a subscription, licenses are calculated per end-point on a monthly or annual basis, and volume discounts are available. ITbrain Anti-Malware can be used and licensed independently from a TeamViewer license. Further information can be found at: www.itbrain.com.
Based and founded in Göppingen in 2005, TeamViewer is fully focused on the development and distribution of high-end solutions for online communication, collaboration and remote monitoring of IT systems. Available in over 30 languages and with more than 200 million users worldwide, TeamViewer is one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software. airbackup, a cloud-based backup solution, and ITbrain, a remote monitoring and IT asset tracking solution, complement TeamViewer’s product portfolio.
For more information, visit: www.teamviewer.com