TeamViewer Launches Outlook App
Direct Connection to Contacts now possible through TeamViewer from within Outlook
Tampa, Fla., April 28, 2015 – TeamViewer®, a leader in desktop sharing and online collaboration software, has today announced the availability of its new TeamViewer App for Outlook. This new app now provides Outlook users with the possibility to start a chat, video call, presentation, or a remote control session from within Outlook.
Thanks to this extensive integration in Outlook, the TeamViewer app enables efficient communication through instantaneous feedback. The TeamViewer app makes it possible for users to establish a direct connection to other TeamViewer contacts from within Outlook. It works both in Outlook for Office 365 as well as in a locally installed Outlook client.
- Instant interaction – The TeamViewer Outlook app gives Outlook users the possibility of engaging in an instant interaction with their email recipient or sender without switching from one application to the other.
- Chat, video call, presentation and remote control – While reading an email, the user can see which email recipient or sender is online on TeamViewer and can easily start a chat, video call or presentation or establish a remote control session.
- Integrated status indicator – Thanks to the integration of the Computers & Contacts API, users can determine at a glance if their contacts on the mail chain are online, offline or busy with the aid of the TeamViewer status indicator.
- Add new contacts – The app makes it easy for Outlook users to add new contacts to their integrated Computer & Contact list from within Outlook.
- Familiar interface – Because of the seamless integration into Outlook, users can still easily recognize the familiar TeamViewer chat, video call, presentation and remote control icons. They simply need to click on any one of them to initiate their desired TeamViewer action.
According to Peter Jaeger, Senior Director Developer Experience and Evangelism (DX) and Member of the Management Board at Microsoft: “This is an innovative partnership which goes to show that both Partners – Microsoft and TeamViewer – share the same innovative vision for their users. In the future, users will need the ease of communication irrespective of what communication platform they are using. This is a unique opportunity for users to be able to make use of both applications without necessarily switching from one program to the other.”
Kornelius Brunner, Head of Product Management at TeamViewer acknowledged the strength of this partnership. “This partnership with Microsoft reaffirms our goal to offer leading products for desktop sharing and collaboration, and to underline the ease of use of our products. We aim to go across boundaries and use the features in our products to facilitate communication and the ever-changing lifestyles of our users. Thanks to this seamless integration into Outlook, users save time and this renders the usage of both – Outlook and TeamViewer – more flexible,” he pointed out.
Requirements and installation
The TeamViewer Outlook App works with Windows and Mac OS X and requires an email account at an Exchange Online Server or an Exchange Server 2013 (or above). The app is available at the Office Store at https://store.office.com. Users can either install it individually, or administrators of an Exchange server can install it for all their users.
License and supported browsers
Private users and customers with a TeamViewer 10 license can use the app. It runs with the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari browsers as well as the Internet Explorer browser (version 9 and above).
The functions are based on the new Computers & Contacts API, which is used to see the online status of other users and to establish a connection with them. The API makes it possible for users to converge two online communication platforms into one, while at the same time using all the unique functions provided by TeamViewer.
Based and founded in Göppingen in 2005, TeamViewer is fully focused on the development and distribution of high-end solutions for online communication, collaboration and remote monitoring of IT systems. Available in over 30 languages and with more than 200 million users worldwide, TeamViewer is one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software. airbackup, a cloud-based backup solution, and ITbrain, a remote monitoring and IT asset tracking solution, complement TeamViewer’s product portfolio.
For more information, visit: www.teamviewer.com