From simple barges to high-tech ocean-going tankers and gigantic container freighters – ships move millions of tons of goods around the world every year. To ensure that the technical systems on board a ship operate as smoothly as possible, maresystems GmbH, based in Hamburg, supplies ship automation systems that record and evaluate all ongoing processes on board and vizualise them on the on-board computer.
Malfunctions of operationally relevant systems on board a ship require quick action – even on the high seas.
- Ships with maresystems equipment are spread all over the world
- If technical support is needed, a journey by the expert is often lengthy and associated with high costs
- Remote maintenance with support for the latest product and market developments
maresystems offers practical remote support with TeamViewer Pilot in case of service: Troubleshooting on board can be carried out by technically experienced crew members with the help of AR data goggles or the camera of a smartphone or tablet under remote guidance by qualified engineers on shore.
Using the AR solution eliminates the need for onsite visits by any specialist – shipowners and operators save considerable time and money.
- ROI achieved after only a few days
- Reduction of travel costs by up to 80%
- maresystems solves 85% of technical support requests already in the first contact in 2nd level support